Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mekenzie and Friends!

I spent most of the month of March in my hometown helping take care of my husbands' sisters while his parents were with his youngest sister in the hospital.  That meant that I wasn't spending much time behind the camera, both because I was away from my typical clients and because there wasn't much time for shooting when taking care of 5 or 6 children at a time.

But I was blessed to meet Kaci, a friend of my inlaws, and had the opportunity to do a shoot of her daughter, Mekenzie.  She also didn't mind that I brought the 5 kids that were in my stead that week to the shoot, and she was a big help in watching the little ones so that I could work.  Mekenzie is good friends with my husband's sisters, so we also took a lot of "friendship pictures" of all the girls.  And we finished up with a picnic!  This shoot was a lot of fun and it felt GREAT to be behind the camera again!

Photobucket

We did the shoot at the lovely Kolomoki Mounds State Park - one of my favorite places for pictures in the area!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
All of the girls together!

Photobucket
Whoops, that's not Mekenzie!  My son, Izzy, was quite proud of himself for climbing all 82ish steps up the "Big Mound" by himself!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not Mekenzie either!  I had to get a picture of both of my boys together on top of the big mound for the first time.

I gave Mekenzie her sunglasses and told her to act like a diva.  The following ensued with no other instructions.  These poses are all her, folks!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I asked Stacey and Mekenzie to dance and frolic in the big field in front of the mound.  They did not disappoint!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now it was time for an outfit change and to head to a different part of the park!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes, everyone just needs to get wet!  :-)
Photobucket

Thanks, Kaci and Mekenzie, for letting me do this unique shoot!  It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment